As you will have seen in the news, more and more reports about the Coronavirus (COVID 19) are appearing frequently, we would like to inform you of the steps we have in place as a school and some of the things you can do at home. All of this will help prevent any spread of any virus.
- We have soap and water available across the site
- All children are reminded to wash their hands at key points
- Each class has had a lesson about the importance of hand washing
- There are tissues available in each classroom
- We have worked with the NHS to teach children to sneeze and cough into their elbow (pretending to ‘dab’).
- Talk to your child about good hygiene
- Teach them how to sneeze and cough into a tissue / into their elbow
- Reassure them if they are worried about anything they hear on the news
- Get children to wash their hands just before leaving for school and as soon as they get home from school
Please note - we do not have any cases of Coronavirus and this information is just to ensure general good hygiene which will help protect everyone from a variety of viruses such as colds and flu.
Below are some documents that you may find useful including our staged response.
The Department for Education coronavirus helpline is now available to answer questions about COVID-19 relating to education and children’s social care. Staff, parents and young people can contact this helpline as follows:
Phone: 0800 046 8687
Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
Where to find the latest information
Updates on COVID-19:
Guidance for educational settings:
Travel advice for those travelling and living overseas:
Latest Department for Education information: